405tv Interview: TOY
We caught up with Charlie Salvidge and Alejandra Diez from TOY in a pub in Stoke Newington for a much needed drink and chat about the history of the band, major labels, the importance of playing live, the recording process, playing in the dark, and their highly anticipated self-titled debut album.
The band's forthcoming self-titled debut album is set for release on September 10th via Heavenly Recordings. You can catch the band at the following dates this October:
- Fri 19 Oct Sheffied, Plug
- Sat 20 Oct Birmingham, HMV Temple
- Tues 23 Oct Norwich, Waterfront Studio
- Wed 24 Oct London, Heaven – The Fly presents show…
- Thurs 25 Oct Southampton, Talking Heads
- Sat 27 Oct Brighton, Green Door Store
- Sun 28 Oct Manchester, Ruby Lounge
- Mon 29 Oct Newcastle, Cluny
- Tues 30 Oct Glasgow, Sleazy's
The interview was recorded/edited by George and Louise Nindi.
Purchase and listen
Listen to the band's debut album a week before its official release [read more]
Natasha Khan, aka Bat for Lashes, has lent her vocals to a new collaboration with London band, Toy. 'The Bride' is a cover of an Iranian song by Amir Rassaei called 'Aroos Khanom'. It features a tinkling piano and pure drums, with a deep bass and rooted guitars holding it all together. [read more]