NZCA/LINES unveils Record Store Day plans
Only a few months after releasing his debut self-titled album, NZCA/LINES has already headed back into the studio to completely remaster and rejiggle the year's greatest electro-pop record so far, rereleasing it on beautiful white vinyl with recommissioned artwork exclusively for Record Store Day.
If that's not enough to whet your appetite for frantic, erratic beats, then why not go dance to them live? The producer has just been announced as the main support for Django Django's UK tour in May, appearing at 6 dates across the country with the band. He's also got a new London date lined up, headlining Birtthdays in London on 14th June.
What's more, alternative afro-poppers Egyptian Hip Hop have served up a remix of his forthcoming single 'Atoms & Axes', taking the crisp danceability of the original and slowing things down; applying thick sludges of downtempo R&B vibes to the tune.
Check it out with the stream below and be sure to catch NZCA/LINES at some of the following dates, too.
- 27th April | Paris, Trianon, w/ Of Montreal
- 28th April | Nantes, Stereolux w/ Of Montreal
- 30th April | Vienna, Wuk
- 04th May | London, Land of Kings Festival
- 06th May | London, Camden Crawl
- 11th May | Brighton, The Great Escape Festival
- 12th May | Brighton, The Great Escape Festival
- 12th May | London, The Nest, Crack Magazine Party
- 13th May | London, Lock Tavern, Field Day Party
- 31st May | Southampton, The Celler, w/ Django Django
- 05th Jun | Oxford, Academy 2w/ Django Django
- 06th Jun | Academy 2 Birmingham UK w/ Django Django
- 11th Jun | York, Fibbers w/ Django Django
- 13th Jun | Doghouse Dundee UK w/ Django Django
- 14th Jun | London, Birtthdays (headline show)
- 15th Jun | Cambridge, St Pauls Church w/ Django Django
Purchase and listen
I'm sitting with Mr. NZCA/Lines, Michael Lovett, chatting over a beer. During the course of the interview we (well, more him than me) discuss neo-classical composers, Japan, Murakami, Umberto Eco, the idea of falling in love with the three-minute pop song and the idea of new magnetic north and creating your own sense of identity. [read more]