Ready or not, here she comes, Lauryn Hill set for return
Ready or not, here she comes, Lauryn Hill is back and the former Fugee is packing a new single and is set to join Nas on tour.
Hill, who was once a shining light off the 90s urban music scene has seen her fortunes tumble in recent years, with a tax evasion court case looming over her to the tune of over half a million dollars the rapper slash vocalist is making a comeback. A joint tour with Nas of the US, 'Life Is Good/Black Rage', is set for the end of October and going on into November while Hill’s new single will be out sometime in the Autumn as well.
Entitled 'Black Rage' this will be the first we’ve heard from Lauryn Hill since her 2010 single, 'Repercussions' but Hill is keeping things fairly vague on any further details saying, "I use the performance platform as an opportunity to express the energy of that moment, and the intention behind it. I've been a long standing rebel against the stale, over commoditization. As artists we have opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch. So we keep it moving." Check out the confirmed tour dates below.
- Oct. 29 – Dallas, TX – Palladium Ballroom
- Oct. 31 – Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center
- Nov. 2 – Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
- Nov. 4 – Washington, DC – DAR Constitution Hall
- Nov. 7 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
- Nov. 11 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
- Nov. 14 – Chicago, IL – Congress Theatre
- Nov. 16 – Denver, CO – Fillmore Auditorium
- Nov. 17 – Magna, UT – Salt Air
- Nov. 19 – Oakland, CA – Fox Oakland Theater