Sony set to axe 10'000 jobs
Following a pretty substantial loss at the end of last year ($2.1 Billion) - Sony have announced they'll be cutting 10'000 jobs worldwide (about 6% of their workforce).
The Billboard report points out that the news has yet to be officially confirmed, though it's expected to be announced this Thursday.
It won't effect the music side of the company (Columbia, Epic etc).
Sony have confirmed the news - "implementing a rapid decision-making approach that draws on the strengths of the entire Sony Group as 'One Sony'."
- Key initiatives to transform the electronics business are:
- 1. Strengthening core businesses (Digital Imaging, Game, Mobile)
- 2. Turning around the television business
- 3. Expanding business in emerging markets
- 4. Creating new businesses and accelerating innovation
- 5. Realigning the business portfolio and optimizing resources
Sony CEO Andrew House spoke at Tokyo Game Show today revealing that Vita TV will launch with 1,300 titles available as well as Vita updates to the system. [read more]
Within a few hours of Whitney Houston's death, Sony increased the price of her Greatest Hits Collection, claiming that the price change had noting to do with her death, but more the fact that price wrong to begin with. [read more]
Check out the fantastic demo walkthrough showing from the upcoming PS4 FPS exclusive, Killzone: Shadow Fall. [read more]