The Velvet Underground & Nico gets star studded makeover
Following the success of the recent Fleetwood Mac tribute album Just Tell Me That You Want Me, it's the turn of The Velvet Underground to get a star studded make over. As the bands iconic album, The Velvet Underground & Nico heralds its 45th Anniversary this year, the likes of Ty Segall, Kelly Stoltz, Thee Oh Sees and The Fresh & Onlys will turn their hand at covering tracks from the record.
You can take a look at the full tracklisting below for the full lineup and physical copies of the album will be available to buy from November 6th (digital versions will be available from the 15th October). A 45th Anniversary edition of the original LP will also go on sale from the October 30th.
- A Side
- 01. Sunday Morning – Kelly Stoltz
- 02. I’m Waiting For The Man – Warm Soda
- 03. Femme Fatale – Ty Segall
- 04. Venus In Furs – Blasted Canyons feat. Jeremy Cox (of Royal Baths)
- 05. Run Run Run – White Fence
- 06. All Tomorrow’s Parties – The Fresh & Onlys
- B Side
- 01. Heroin – Burnt Ones
- 02. There She Goes Again – The Mallard
- 03. I’ll Be Your Mirror – Here Comes The Here Comes
- 04. The Black Angel’s Death Song – K. Dylan + The Black Angel’s Death Songsmen
- 05. European Son – Thee Oh Sees