Savages have unveiled a moody looking video for 'Shut Up', which showcases just how incredible they are live.
"'Shut Up' is self-affirming. It was (written) in a time where as a band we were fighting to get the money-makers out, and trying to make sure that we were surrounded by the right people," explains Jehnny Beth to Dazed. "You know this idea of the music industry having a crisis? We can't really relate to what bands did ten years ago, because ten years ago bands used to sell records. And suddenly I had this feeling that that's perfect for the money-makers, because they can tell these young bands 'if you don't do this interview, if you don't do this photoshoot, if you don't do that TV, if you don't win that award then you're not gonna sell records.' So they made this made this new generation very polite and fearful. But the older generation doesn't know more than we do."
The track opens their debut album Silence Yourself, which is released May 6th. The video was directed by Giorgio Testi.
- Live Dates:
- 1st Queen’s Social Club, Sheffield, UK
- 2nd SWG3, Glasgow, UK
- 5th Arts Centre, Norwich, UK
- 7th Bodega, Nottingham, UK
- 8th Old Fire Station, Bournemouth, UK
- 9th Ministry Of Sound, London, UK
- 13th Botanique-Orangie, Brussels, Belgium
- 15th Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 16th Geb9, Cologne, Germany
- 17th Lido, Berlin, Germany
- 19th Zoom, Frankfurt, Germany
- 20th Kinski, Zurich, Switzerland
- 23rd Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona, Spain
- 25th Field Day Festival, London, UK